Ambassadors serve as the welcome arm of the Chamber, welcoming new members and promoting member involvement.
What is the Purpose of the Ambassador Program?
The program’s mission is to develop a core group representative of the membership for the purpose of supporting and promoting a sound business environment through successful retention of members and attraction of new members; active participation at Chamber of Commerce events; creation and implementation of ideas to ensure organization strength and facilitate growth; and establishment of a rapport among the Ambassadors that serves the Chamber by its example of integrity and good will among the entire membership.
The Chamber Ambassador Committee is a chosen member group who volunteer their time to provide a crucial link between the Chamber and its members. Ambassadors are in the center of the business activity of the community. They enjoy rewards of making new contacts, strengthening business relationships and accessing resources to further their own success. They represent the Chamber through referring new members, participating in events, ribbon cuttings, mixers and many more support activities.
These individuals should be ready and willing to promote the mission of the Chamber and its events to those it works with throughout the community. Ambassadors should:
- Be visible at all Chamber functions and events and set the example for a positive pro-business attitude by which all will prosper.
- Take on opportunities to implement new ideas that support the mission of the Chamber upon approval of the Chamber.
What is an Ambassador?
Chamber Ambassadors are individuals who help represent and promote the Chamber of Commerce as well as promote the chamber membership. The Ambassador Program consists of enthusiastic volunteers from the Chamber membership who donate their time to help build member commitment and raise community awareness of Chamber activities and benefits.
What are the Benefits to the Ambassador?
The Ambassadors grow professionally and personally by building business relationships within the community. Getting involved with the Ambassador Program is one of the first steps you can take to become more involved with the Chamber. The program is ideal for candidates who have a desire to become more active in the local business environment, raise awareness of your business or organization and give back to your community.
The Ambassador Program provides opportunities for them to connect with local business leaders and build lasting relationships. Ambassadors will have an insider’s perspective of the local business community and a high level of prestige and credibility is extended to their business or occupation through their involvement with this well-respected goodwill group.
- To be eligible to serve on the Chamber Board of Directors, you must first serve as an Ambassador in the Ambassador Program.
- Ambassadors are encouraged to attend all ribbon cutting events and monthly chamber functions: to help our New & Existing Members in their celebrations and help create a cohesive membership through relationship building.
- When attending any ceremony, Ambassadors use their chamber etiquette. Ambassadors are a guest of the Chamber and will be representing the Chamber as an Ambassador.
- Ambassadors’ photo, name, and company name will be displayed on the Chamber’s website under the special Ambassador page.
What are the Requirements?
- Ambassadors must be employed or sponsored by or own a business that has a Chamber business membership in good standing.
- Ambassadors must fill out and submit an application, which must be approved by the Chamber Board of Directors.
- If applicable, Ambassadors must have their employer’s approval to participate in the program.
What are the Restrictions?
- Ambassadors cannot solicit for any political issue or person at the Chamber or any Chamber events.
- The Chamber reserves the right to remove any Chamber volunteer from any Chamber volunteer program.
Linda Brimhall McLelland, SynkroMax Internet
Cindy Camden, Rodeway Inn
Joe Voutour, 123 The Big 3
Dave Haws, Wells Fargo Bank
Dawn Reddick, Smithfield
Julie McCray, World Financial Group